czech Customs Regulations
Czech Republic Customs Information
The following goods may be imported into the Czech Republic from outside the EU without incurring customs duty:
• 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250g tobacco (if over 16 years of age).
• 1l of spirits and 2l of wine.
• 60ml of perfume or 250ml of eau de toilette.
• Gifts up to a value of ?175.
• Foods, fruits, flowers and medication for personal use. Age restrictions apply.
Note: The export of cultural heritage pieces is only possible with prior approval by the Czech Ministry of Culture.
Abolition of duty-free goods within the EU
On 30 June 1999, the sale of duty-free alcohol and tobacco at airports and at sea was abolished in all of the original 15 EU member states. This has been extended to the 10 new member states that joined the EU on 1 May 2004 and the two states that joined on 1 January 2007, with some exceptions, for example those returning to the UK can bring back a maximum of 800 cigarettes or the equivalent. Travelers should note that they may be required to prove at customs that the goods purchased are for personal use only.
Czech Republic Customs Website: http://www.cs.mfcr.cz/